Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vacation is over :(

Had a lovely vacation but it was over way too soon.  The first week I lived in a wonderful flat in the heart of London.  I loved every minute of my 6 days there and did so much including visiting Buckingham Palace and watching a live television show, going to a West End Theater show and visiting with friends.

After that I met up with Graham on the Isle of Wight and we spent 4 days visiting family on the island.  While here I visited the Octopus's Garden Cafe with my niece Alice and she and I also saw the last Harry Potter movie together.

On Friday, we traveled back to the mainland with Graham's parents.  They knew there was a surprise, but didn't know what to expect.  We took them to a huge renovated barn in the New Forest where the entire family was staying until Monday.  On the Saturday night there was a big family, fancy-dress party with a 40's/50's theme.  Joan and David (Graham's parents) were completely surprised! 

Finally on Monday Graham and I traveled back to London for 2 more nights before flying home.  It rained the second day, but I didn't let that stop me and it was so hard to leave at the end of the two days.  I did miss my flat as well.  The hotel room was miniscule and not nearly as fun to stay in.

Now tomorrow it is back to work.  I need to start planning for my next visit. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment